PPF: The Top 4 Factors to Consider When Choosing a Vehicle Wrap
Whether you are a luxury car owner or a road warrior who simply wants to protect your vehicle from the elements, you are likely passionate about keeping your car in pristine condition. One of the most effective ways to achieve this goal is to consider investing in a paint protection film (PPF) wrap. In addition to shielding your vehicle’s body panels from flying rocks or road debris, a PPF wrap helps to safeguard your car’s paint against light hail and low-speed scrapes that would scratch your car’s paint. Below is a look at the factors to consider when choosing a PPF wrap and the key to your satisfaction with your wrap.
What are the most popular PPF wrap packages available?
Flexibility is one of the top reasons why wraps are gaining traction among vehicle owners. Car owners can choose from four levels of protection that vary in accordance with the degree of coverage provided. Before diving into the wrap selection process, it is helpful to know the following levels of protection:
- Level 1: This package covers the bumper and headlights only.
- Level 2: A bikini cut is used to partially cover your car’s hood. Fenders, side mirrors, headlights, and door cups are also covered.
- Level 3: Full hood and bumper coverage in addition to complete coverage for fenders, headlights, side mirrors, and door cups.
- Level 4: This package covers every square inch of your car’s painted exterior surface plus door sills, plates, and pillar pieces between doors.
Of the four packages above, Levels 3 and 4 provide the greatest coverage and are therefore the most popular among customers. Level 4 wraps, in particular, have grown in popularity over the years as car owners discover the many long-term benefits of full body wraps.
What are the top four factors to consider when choosing a wrap?
If you are like most car owners, you may find yourself deciding between a Level 3 Full Front Wrap or a Level 4 Full Body Wrap. As you compare the benefits of each of these wrap options, it is helpful to consider a few key variables. Here are the top four factors to consider when choosing a wrap.
1) The number of years you plan to keep your vehicle
Generally speaking, the longer you plan to keep your vehicle, the more sense a Level 4 full body wrap makes. If you plan to keep your vehicle for at least three years, you should choose a minimum of a Level 3 full front package. If you plan to drive your car into the ground, then a Level 4 wrap will keep your car looking sharp and free of paint damage for years.
2) Your budget
The cost of PPF wraps gradually increases with each of the four levels above. When choosing a wrap package, be sure to consider two key elements: Your current budget and the comprehensive long-term cost savings that a full body wrap would provide. While the up front costs of a Level 4 package might be higher, you can enjoy financial peace of mind knowing that you will not have to incur any costs for paint damage for ten years.
3) Your Vehicle’s Color
Many people are surprised to learn that their car’s color is a top point to consider when comparing wrap packages. But there are certain paint colors that make scratches and streaks more visible, making a full body wrap a good choice.
For example, it is extremely difficult to wash a black car without leaving visible swirls on the surface. For this reason, a Level 4 full body wrap is highly recommended for black or very dark cars. White cars, on the other hand, are less likely to show swirls, making it a little easier to get by with a Level 3 full front wrap.
4) Your driving habits
If you are a road warrior who spends many of your waking hours behind the wheel of your car, then a Level 4 full body wrap is an ideal choice. On the other hand, if you rarely drive your car or only put a few thousand miles per year on your vehicle, then a Level 3 wrap makes sense.
Another factor to consider is the condition of the roads you travel. If you frequent roadways that are notorious for being riddled with potholes and debris, then the full coverage provided by a Level 4 wrap is the best choice. But if you primarily drive on well-maintained local roads, your risk for paint damage is reduced and a Level 3 wrap is a good choice.
What is the single best step to take to ensure your satisfaction with your wrap?
Clearly, there are some important factors to consider when deciding which wrap level is the best choice for your vehicle. The single best way to ensure that you make the correct decision is to seek the guidance of an expert in the vehicle wrap industry. Here are just a few reasons why vehicle owners across California trust Tyler O’Hara and American Wrap Company to protect their cars:
- Experience: Your vehicle will be treated by an expert with over 12 years of experience who has completed thousands of wraps.
- Award-Winning Talent: Our Company has received six industry awards, including “World’s Best Paint Protection Film Installer”.
- Outstanding Quality: XPEL PPF provides the highest quality coverage and stain resistance, and includes a 10 year warranty.
- Impeccable Results: Our five-star customer reviews are a testament to our dedication to delivering superb results every day.
- Luxury Car Expertise: From Bentley to Porsche to Aston Martin, American Wrap Company specializes in wraps for luxury cars.
We invite you to contact us at American Wrap Company to discover why we are California’s most trusted provider of automotive wraps. We are happy to sit down with you and help you review your budget and your long-term vehicle plans in order to choose the vehicle wrap package that best meets your needs. We look forward to helping you keep your vehicle in pristine condition!
- How to Protect Your Car While Off-Roading - February 14, 2023
- 16 Common Automotive Window Tinting FAQs - July 20, 2022
- 3 Tips You Should Know to Protect Your New Tesla - May 17, 2022